Thank you for your interest in Humboldt General Hospital. Listed below are just a few of the benefits we offer. Please contact Human Resources at (775) 623-5222, ext. 126, if you have any questions.
- Shift differential of 7% for the 3:00 pm to 11 pm shift;
- Shift differential of 10% for the 11:00 pm to 7:00 am shift.
- Personal Time Off (PTO) is an all-purpose time-off policy for eligible employees to use for vacation, illness or injury and personal business. PTO accrual based on 40 hours/week is equivalent to 10 paid vacation days, 11 paid holidays, 6 short-term sick days per year; after five years of employment the vacation days increase to 15 paid days, and after 10 years the vacation days increase to 20 paid days per year. At the end of the first year or its equivalent (2080 hours) 104 hours are added to accumulated PTO. Employees can accrue up to 300 hours of PTO. Employees may also elect to take PTO buyouts in lieu of time off.
- Sick Leave can be used if you are hospitalized or are ill or injured for longer than 24 scheduled work hours. Sick Leave accrual based on 40 hours/week is 6 days per year. Employees can accrue up to 480 hours of Sick Leave.
- As a County Hospital District, contributions are paid to the Public Employees Retirement System. Employees have two plan contribution options: 1) 100% Employer contribution; or Employee/Employer contribution, where the employee and employer split the PERS contribution. Please contact Human Resources for more details. Social Security tax is not withheld for PERS eligible employees.
- Group insurance is provided by HGH to eligible employees. Coverage includes: Medical, dental, vision, prescription, a $40,000 life insurance policy, along with a medical deductible and prescription co-pay reimbursement plan.
- Participation in Greater Nevada Credit Union is an optional benefit, and contributions can be made by payroll deduction.
457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan:
- Contribution to this deferred comp plan is an optional benefit that can be deducted from payroll pre-tax.
Optional benefits which can be deducted from payroll include: AFLAC, Colonial Insurance, Country Companies, Lincoln Benefit.
Back to the Career Center